SAF Conferences 2021 in Full Swing
It’s been a long season of virtual computer-based webinars and conferences for the SAF industry, and likely for every other industry as well. I think it’s fair to say that people are ready to get together at industry conferences, meet, talk, laugh, make deals, and more. That’s why the team here at Northwest Advanced Bio-Fuels LLC is excited to see upcoming conferences on sustainable aviation fuels and related bio-fuels topics.
Earlier this year, NWABF presented its business as part of the CAAFI Virtual SAF Mini-Symposium, held June 1-3, 2021.
We were part of the ‘Future Producer Parade’ panel on The Business of SAF, with a spotlight on SAF producers’ commercialization activities. Representatives from RedRock, LanzaJet, Fulcrum, Velocys and others were involved. Some of the presentations are available at the link above.
More conferences are scheduled for the autumn. We hope to participate in some of the events below. Details to follow
September 28, 2021 – Air Transport Action Group 2021 Global Sustainable Aviation Forum – This conference will pull together all sectors of the industry to “jointly debate how aviation can further reduce its climate impact long term, with a special focus on sustainable aviation fuels, technology, and innovation.”
Among the topics included are a session on sustainable aviation fuels and the next 10 years: how do we ramp up supply? What is needed from governments and other stakeholders?
October 27-29, 2021 – Sustainable Aviation Fuels Summit (part of the larger ABLC 2021)
Northwest Advanced Bio-Fuels LLC is included on the speakers list for the Sustainable Aviation Fuels Summit in October, one of several conferences and events focused on the bio-economy. Other conferences that will take place within the large ABLC 2021 during the same three days include:
- The Advanced Biofuels Summit focused on new markets and technologies for renewable diesel, sustainable aviation fuels, and advanced alcohols.
- The Renewable Chemicals & Biomaterials Summit will showcase new markets and technologies for advanced packaging, novel high-performance fibers, and chemicals.
- The Advanced Agriculture Summit on yield improvement, new crops, international deployment of technology, new sources of income and the role of robotics, genetics, big data, remote sensing, mobility, and new tools for crop protection through early detection & spot treatment against pests, parasites, competitors and disease.
- The Advanced Nutrition Summit for advanced products and technologies for human and animal nutrition, more food, better food, and more customer choice.
- The Sustainable Aviation Summit with the onset of global low carbon CORSIA standards for aviation, the prospects for technology development, project deployment, and offtake in heavy-duty air transport.
- The Biogas & RNG Summit on agricultural, food, municipal, forest, and animal wastes that are being captured for conversion into renewable natural gas for stationary and transport applications.
November 14-16, 2021 – 2021 AFCC Global Biobased Economy In-Person Conference and Exhibition
This is the first global Bio-based Economy Conference from the Alternative Fuels and Chemicals Coalition. The AFCC Conference & Exhibition will focus on promoting the USDA’s Bio-Preferred® Program throughout this two-day conference and exhibition.
The conference will feature three main tracks on the following subjects:
- Sustainable Feedstocks and Biofuels
- Biobased Manufacturing and Applications: Renewable Chemicals, Bioplastics, Biomaterials
- Flavors, Fragrances and Alternative Proteins for Food
As a Board member on the AFCC, I am excited about the first track on Sustainable Feedstocks and Biofuels. Our team has been actively involved in providing information to the AFCC on all initiatives we are qualified to contribute to, such as Feedstock.
Other shows may appear for fall 2021 and into winter 2022. As we get involved in those on some level, either as a panelist or attendee, we will keep you posted!
David P. Smoot
David Smoot has an extensive background in Project Development, including the Financing and Technology Integration for those Projects. Mr. Smoot also held positions of upper management with leading companies in the Computer Software and Hardware industries, including the Financing and Leasing industries specifically related to those industries prior to moving into the renewable energy industry which morphed into renewable fuels. Smoot has created a turnkey solution model not yet seen in the industry.